This is an analysis of the poem Picnic Boat that begins with:
Sunday night and the park policemen tell each other it
is dark as a stack of black cats on Lake Michigan. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXbXXaXbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101011100 0110101111100 01111110011001 10100 1000101101100 1011101011011 10010110110110 0111010111 00111 100110111110 1100010100010 100101110110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 587
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Picnic Boat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.