This is an analysis of the poem The Year that begins with:
A storm of white petals, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aba X XXX X abXa X bXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,1,3,1,4,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 010110 11010101 0010110 1 1101010 100001001 1010 1 100101 1010101 01010 0001110 1 10110 100100 011110 110100110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 49
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Year;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.