This is an analysis of the poem Baby Face that begins with:
White moon comes in on a baby face.
The shafts across her bed are flimmering....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX bbba XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010101 0101011100 1101111 111001111 110011011 100101111001 10100110 110110010 10101001 111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Baby Face;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.