This is an analysis of the poem Loam that begins with:
In the loam we sleep,
In the cool moist loam, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXb cabdX cdcaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 00111 00111 0010011 10101 0011 0111 11 01011 01110 111 00101 100010001 1011001 01
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Loam;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.