This is an analysis of the poem El Pan Nuestro that begins with:
Húmeda tierra de cementerio huele a sangre amada.
Ciudad de invierno......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXX XXX XX XX XXX X XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,3,2,2,3,1,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001000101100 1010100 110100010100 11001010100010010000 110010101111011001111 11010110110010 110000110010 1100110110 111111010 1011011001000011 1010011100 11100101101 101101100 11111 11011110010010001010 110111100100 10110011 11111011 1110101 1111010010100 11111001101011110 110001111 1101000011010 11100110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 116
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, y, n are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words yo, y are repeated.
The author used the same word yo at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of El Pan Nuestro;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.