This is an analysis of the poem The Sloth that begins with:
Her back is an ecosystem,
algaeic and wrapped...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xab aca daX XXb bce ebf fdf ccg hae bhXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011010 1011 0101001 1010111 010110 0111 11001 0101 1111 0101010 101010 1101010 0101 110101 110101 0101 11101 0011101 1101111 10110 1010101 0101111 10101010 11101 01010 101010 10101 01110 1011110 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 67
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sloth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.