This is an analysis of the poem Bridge Ghazal that begins with:
My love and I reside upon the belly of a bridge
with heartbeats of the sky?--the drums upon the bridge....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa ba Xa ca Xa ba ba Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11110101010001 011001010101 1101111101110 11010101111101 11111111010001 11111101010001 1110101010110101 111010101010001 11111111011001 11101011101011 01010101010001 111111101010101 111111111101 1101010101010001 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 106
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, bridge are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i've is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bridge is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word bridge at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bridge Ghazal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.