This is an analysis of the poem Panamum Manamum that begins with:
அத்தைமகன் முத்தனும் ஆளிமகள் தத்தையும்
ஒத்த உளத்தால் ஒருமித்து - நித்தநித்தம்...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX XX X X X X XX X X X X X X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 0,3,2,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1 11 11 1 11 11 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 1 1 11
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 702
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 1
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ' is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words , ' are repeated.
The author used the same word ' at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines , ' are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The words/phrases , ' connect the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Panamum Manamum;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.