This is an analysis of the poem Salomons Sang I Dronninghaven that begins with:
Jeg kommer i Haven,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaaX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110 1101 11011011110 10011011110 1000101 111100 1101 1101101010 11010111100 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ud at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Salomons Sang I Dronninghaven;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bernhard Severin Ingemann
- Analysis of Salomons Sang I Gilead
- Analysis of Salomons Sang Paa Bjergstien
- Analysis of Salomons Sang Paa Hermon