This is an analysis of the poem Salomons Sang Paa Bjergstien that begins with:
Jeg paa Libanon stod -
Paa Bjerget stod jeg ved Sulamiths Side:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XXXX XXXX baba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001 1101111001 1101001111 11111110111 11101 111111001 11110101 11110010101 111001 1101101111 1111101 111000101001 101001 111111001 1100011111 11111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; skal is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Salomons Sang Paa Bjergstien;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bernhard Severin Ingemann
- Analysis of Salomons Sang Paa Hermon
- Analysis of Salomons Sang Paa Høiene
- Analysis of Salomons Sang Paa Viinbjerget