This is an analysis of the poem Our Duty that begins with:
Yet what were Love if man remains unfree,
And woman's sunshine sordid merchandise: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaaXab cdXcdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 110101011 1101110101 0101010111 1101010101 1101110111 10011100100 1101010001 01010110010 1101110111 1101011001 1011010001 1111110101 11001010111 11010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 380
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, love are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Our Duty;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.