This is an analysis of the poem The Cow that begins with:
THIS is a rune I ravelled in the still,
Arrogant stare of an Australian cow— ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cXdXdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 00011100001 1001010101 1101000101 1101010011 0101010101 1101010111 1101111101 0111011110 0101001101 1110001101 1001011101 10010101010 1101010111 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 681
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Cow;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.