This is an analysis of the poem The Kangaroo that begins with:
Thou Spirit of Australia, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbbccdefdXf aggffffXhXiiiff ieieaafXjjkXgghhllgX hhhiiffaa Xkkff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,15,20,9,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1000101 1100010 10101010 0011010 1100010 0011001 1111101 10100010 1110111 111010 10110110 1011111 110101 101101 1111111 0110111 1010001 1110101 0010101 1111101 1111000 1101010 1100100 11001001 1110101 1010101 11010101 01010101 11101010 1110101 10111110 1011101 1110101 01101 0011001 1000100 1100101 11000101 1110101 101011010 1110001 1110110 0110001 10100101 1110101 1110111 1000101 110101 11000100 11110100 01010100 10010100 11010100 11010101 01010111 11100101 01111111 11011111 11100101 01010001 10010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 378
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 65
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or, thou are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words or, she are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Kangaroo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Barron Field
- Analysis of Sonnet On Affixing A Tablet To The Memory Of Captain Cook And Sir Joseph Banks Against The Rock Of Their First Landing In Botany Bay
- Analysis of On Visiting The Spot Where Captain Cook And Sir Joseph Banks First Landed In Botany Bay
- Analysis of Botany-Bay Flowers