This is an analysis of the poem The Stockmen Of Australia that begins with:
The stockmen of Australia, what rowdy boys are they,
They will curse and swear an hurricane if you come in their way.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaA bbaA aaaa ccaa ddaa eeaa ffaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100010110111 101111101011011 1101010111111 10100010110111 110101001011111 101100101111001 0101010111111 10100010110111 11111101010101 01111101110101 010101101010111 10100010110111 01110110110101 110101010011001 11110101010101 10100010010111 01010111110101 01011111111101 00101010111101 10100010011111 11010101010001 00100110111101 0100010011101 10100010110111 110101001110111 011001010110101 1101000110101 1001000101101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, and, his, or, be, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words they, his are repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word they at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase they connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Stockmen Of Australia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.