This is an analysis of the poem The Ghost Of The Murderer's Hut that begins with:
My horse had been lamed in the foot
In the rocks at the back of the run, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca abab dede bfbf cfcX agag eaea haha
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 111010001 001101001 111101001 101101011 01011001 01001001 101101101 101001011 01101001 01011001 111001001 101001001 11101001 01001001 01001011 101101001 001001101 111011011 101101101 11101001 01011101 01011001 101101001 10100100100 101101011 101111001 11111001 101001001 101011111 11101001 01001001 11001011 111110101 001101111 111001011 101001001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, a are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ghost Of The Murderer's Hut;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.