This is an analysis of the poem Reconstruction that begins with:
So, the bank has bust it's boiler! And in six or seven year
It will pay me all my money back -- of course! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa Xbcb dcdc Xccc cXXc cbeb baXa bXeX Xcac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101110101011101 00111110101 1010101010101000 11101010101 101000101010111 111010011101 111010110100111 01100010101 10011110001011101 11101111101 1011101011101010 10101011111 111111101111001 10101010101 1111011010111 11111010101 111010101011101 100101011111 1110101111101011 11101110101 111000101010111 11100010101 1110101010111010 11101010001 1110110010100100101 11101110011 1011101011101010 11101010111 111111101111101 11111101110 101101010101010 11101010101 11111100111111 10111110101 1010001010101010 00101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and, they, him, you, bank are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Reconstruction;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.