This is an analysis of the poem Vain Death that begins with:
ALL the first night she might not weep
But watched till morning came, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb cded edcd Xfcf gcac hehe ijcj ikgkdkXfdeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111111 111101 11111111 011101 01011111 111111 11110101 110111 01111111 110101 10010111 110111 1111010010 111111 10110101 011001 11010001 010111 110100101 110101 11011111 111101 11110111 011001 11110001 110111 11010101 110111 11011101 110111 11111101 010101 11110111 100101 11111111 100011 11110101 10010001 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1475
- Average number of words per stanza: 254
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and, her, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vain Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.