This is an analysis of the poem Sonnets Of The Empire: Australia 1905 that begins with:
Careless she lies along the Southern Main,
The lovely maiden, wanton with the spell ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cdbcdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011010101 0101010001 0111010101 1001110101 0101011111 1101001101 1111010101 0101010101 1111110101 1111110101 1101110001 1101010101 1101000101 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 316
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnets Of The Empire: Australia 1905;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Archibald Thomas Strong
- Analysis of Sonnets Of The Empire: Nelson
- Analysis of Sonnets Of The Empire:Australia, 1902
- Analysis of Sonnets Of The Empire: Australia 1914