This is an analysis of the poem A Criança that begins with:
Que veux-tu, fleur, beau fruit, ou l'oiseau merveilleux?
Ami, dit l'enfant grec, dit l'enfant aux yeux bleus,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXaXXX XXXXXX XXXaXa XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111110100 101111111111 1110101111 101011000 11101101010 100100 1001010010010 111110010110 10110 1100111001000 11101000110 1011110 11010001100 100100101100 101110 101010111100 11011100100 11010 11011011000 11110101111010 101111 110101001100110 110111101 111001 110100101 101001110 110100 10111101101100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The author used the same word que at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Criança;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.