This is an analysis of the poem A Canção Do Africano that begins with:
Lá na úmida senzala,
Sentado na estreita sala,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXX XXXXXX XXaX XXcX XXXX XXXX XaXcXX ddXXXX XXbXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,4,4,4,4,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110100 100110010 10110011 1011001110 1110101110 1001110 01101010100 11011010 111100100 111110 1101110010 10111100 1010111 11001111 10101010 1101101 111110110 111010010 1011010 1010101 10010010 01001011 1110100 110010 11010100 10101100 0111111 101011100 110010010 111010 1101000100 10100100110 111001110 11100010 11001011011 110010011 1101110 11110100 1001100 11001001 10100100 10110100 11111011 101001110 1111110 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, e are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
The author used the same word o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines se is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Canção Do Africano;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.