This is an analysis of the poem Der Eifersüchtige that begins with:
Ihre Schritte zu belauern
Folgte er ihr aus dem Haus....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXX XXXaXXXXX XXXXXXXbX XXXXcXXcX XXXXXbXcb XdXdXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 101111 111100 101111 10111111 100011 1100011 111111 11111110 1111110 1100111 1101110 1001101 101110 111011 11111010 111100 110011 111111111 11111 1111111110 110110 1101100 10111111 1111111110 1111110 011011111 01111010 1111011 10111010 1010100 111110 11111 111010 1101110 1101100 101111 1011011 101110 1100100 1111010 100111 101010 110110 1010111 1001100 1001111 111111000 101111 1111100 111111111 11111000 011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 265
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hle, zum are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word und is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines hle is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Eifersüchtige;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anton Wildgans
- Analysis of Der Hufschmied
- Analysis of Der Menschen Bosheit Ist Nicht Halb So Arg...
- Analysis of Der Nörgler