This is an analysis of the poem Third Avenue In Sunlight that begins with:
Third Avenue in sunlight. Nature's error.
Already the bars are filled and John is there....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXcX deXe fXff ghgh idid
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11010111010 01001111101 0101001010010 110100101001 110111111010 1001010001 110011101010 10110010110 1101001010111 1111011101 11111010101 110100100101 011010111100 11001010101 1100011100 11010110011 1100011101 10110101101 100100100011 01111110101 1001011101 01011111101 00111110101 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Third Avenue In Sunlight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anthony Evan Hecht
- Analysis of Death The Mexican Revolutionary
- Analysis of Paradise Lost Book 5: An Epitome
- Analysis of Chorus From Oedipus At Colonos