This is an analysis of the poem Lizards And Snakes that begins with:
On the summer road that ran by our front porch
Lizards and snakes came out to sun....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefefef ghghhdhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101111111 10111101 011101110101 01011011 0100111101101 1100010101 001001011001 1001111101101 1101101100 010111101 0111110010000 100101111 111010000101 0010110101 1010111101001 010011111111 111000011001 0011111101 11101111001 1111010101 1111111111 11111100101 11111101001111 1101010001010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 395
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, as are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lizards And Snakes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anthony Evan Hecht
- Analysis of Curriculum Vitae
- Analysis of Sarabande On Attaining The Age Of Seventy-Seven
- Analysis of A Hill