This is an analysis of the poem Clair De Lune that begins with:
Powder and scent and silence. The young dwarf
Shoulders his lute. The moon is Levantine. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXba cddc XeXf beeb feef edde egge Xebbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011110011 1001010100 010010100101 1000010101 01001010001 0101100100 1011010001 0111010101 01010011010 1010010111 010110101 01001111101 1010011101 1101110101 11001010011 1110010101 10010110101 0110001011 1011011101 10010111001 11110101001 1011010101 1111000101 0101010001 1100010101 1111100101 10101110101 1001110101 0011111111 01001010011 1001010001 0110011001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Clair De Lune;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anthony Evan Hecht
- Analysis of An Old Malediction
- Analysis of The Transparent Man
- Analysis of Tarantula, Or The Dance Of Death