This is an analysis of the poem An Old Malediction that begins with:
What well-heeled knuckle-head, straight from the unisex
Hairstylist and bathed in Russian Leather, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXbbaXXXXXX Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111101100101 1001101010 10011110110 01010111111 10010101110 01111111101 001101001001 101101110101 111110010010 101101100110 011101010111 111001001001 011011110101 11110111010 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 358
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of An Old Malediction;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.