This is an analysis of the poem Birdwatchers Of America that begins with:
It’s all very well to dream of a dove that saves,
Picasso’s or the Pope’s, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbadd eaaaXeee dfafcdXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 011010100111 010101 0111000101101 1011 1010111100101 0010001101011 1100101 110101001001 10110010011 1011001 0011100101 1000101 1011010101 1101011101 100101 1111011101 1100101111111 111111 11011110101 100110 01111101001 01111111011 0101010 0011110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 321
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; s is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Birdwatchers Of America;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.