This is an analysis of the poem It Out-Herods Herod. Pray You, Avoid It. that begins with:
Tonight my children hunch
Toward their Western, and are glad ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca dXdb bebe fgfX ghgh cici jkjk bXXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101 01110111 100111 001101 101101 0101011 110101 1011101 111101 0101111 011001 11101101 110011 010001 011111 010001 1010111 110111 111101 111000 110101 1010001 110111 111101 111101 110111 111101 101111 010101 0101001 110101 111101 111101 110100 111111 110001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words their, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of It Out-Herods Herod. Pray You, Avoid It.;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.