This is an analysis of the poem Three Wise Men Of Gotham that begins with:
Three wise men of Gotham,
They went to sea in a bowl,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 1101001 10011010 111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Three Wise Men Of Gotham;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anonymous English
- Analysis of Amergin
- Analysis of Allalu Mo Wauleen (The Beggar’s Address To His Bag)
- Analysis of The Maid Of The Sweet Brown Knowe