This is an analysis of the poem The Cautious Lovers that begins with:
Silvia, let's from the Crowd retire;
For, What to you and me ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb cdcd ebfb Xcgc fgfg hihi acac jXjg caca dhdh hghg gege kakaXahah
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100100101 110111 111101010 011111 01111101 110111 11010101 001111 01010100 111001 11111101 0101001 11111101 110101 11010101 011101 11110101 100101 01010111 110111 10110111 011101 110011111 110101 11010111 110111 11011101 111111 1010100111 100110 11110101 110001 110111011 1110101 11110101 111101 11110101 110101 11011101 100101 01010011 010101 11110101 110111 11110111 010101 11011101 100101 11011111 1100101 10111111 101111 01010101 110101 11110101 1100011
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word where is repeated.
The author used the same word where at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cautious Lovers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.