This is an analysis of the poem A Letter To The Same Person that begins with:
Sure of Success, to You I boldly write,
Whilst Love do's ev'ry tender Line endite; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbccddee ffXa gghh aaiieeggiijj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,4,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1001011101 1111010110 1101010101 1101011101 10100010101 1101110101 0011110101 1101010101 1101011101 1101100101 0101010101 0101111001 1101010111 010100100101 101100101 00110111001 11011000101 1101110111 1111010101 1011100111 1111010011 1101010101 1001011001 1101000101 110100101 0100010001 1101100111 0101010111 1101111101 11110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 324
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and, what are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Letter To The Same Person;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.