This is an analysis of the poem Fairyland that begins with:
Do you remember that careless band,
Riding o'er meadow and wet sea-sand, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba aaaa ccdc eeXe ffcf eebe ggXgXaada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110101101 1010111111 1101001011 100101101 0100111101 01001001101 11011001011 100100101 111100101 110101101 010100101 1101000101 111100111 11010111 1101101010 1000100101 111110101 101100101 1100101010 100101011 111010101 1101001001 10100100101 1110011001 11111111 010100101 101101110 1011001001 11100100101 1110101101 111101001010 1111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fairyland;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.