This is an analysis of the poem A Winter Daybreak that begins with:
From the dark gorge, where burns the morning star,
I hear the glacier river rattling on... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc bddbeffeXeee aXbbgghh iijjkkdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,12,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0011110101 11010101001 11010011101 111101100 11001010111 111101010101 0110010101 1111110101 11110101001 0101010111 1101000101 1101010101 1101011101 11010100001 1100101001001 1101110111 0101010101 1011010101001 10010101001 1101110110 0111111101 11010101001 0101010111 1101010100 01010101001 0101110101 10000111010 11011111010 01110100101 10110101001 11011111001 11001111101 1011111111 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 379
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Winter Daybreak;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.