This is an analysis of the poem She Does Not Remember that begins with:
She was an evil stepmother.
In her old age she is slowly dying...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb cabcX dXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,5,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110110 0011101010 011010 110 1010110 11101011110 111 1111 01000101011011010 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 71
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of She Does Not Remember;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.