This is an analysis of the poem The Ghetto: A Mother that begins with:
Cuddling in the arms her half-asphyxiated baby, howling,
she ran up the staircase of the apartment building that was set ablaze....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbX XXXX ccaadXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1000101010101010 111011000101011101 00110010 0010001 001001 011111001 110101100010 11101111 01001101010110 11101100110 11100011010 1111001011 100111101001 110101 110100110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word from is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines down is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word down at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ghetto: A Mother;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.