This is an analysis of the poem There Are The Words That Couldn’t Be Twice Said that begins with:
There are the words that couldn’t be twice said,
He, who said once, spent out all his senses....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111011 1111111010 101111011 01011001010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of There Are The Words That Couldn’t Be Twice Said;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anna Akhmatova
- Analysis of The Pillow Hot
- Analysis of If The Moon On The Skies Does Not Roam
- Analysis of To The Many