This is an analysis of the poem If The Moon On The Skies Does Not Roam that begins with:
If the moon on the skies does not roam,
But cools, like a seal above,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd XeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 001101111 1110101 11101001 0101001 101001101 001101011 1110101 00100101 110010010 101000101 1011010010 11001011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If The Moon On The Skies Does Not Roam;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anna Akhmatova
- Analysis of To The Many
- Analysis of You'Ll Live, But I'Ll Not; Perhaps
- Analysis of Now No-One Will Be Listening To Songs