This is an analysis of the poem Winter Birds that begins with:
Fair is the sky, for the cloud-rack is lifted-
Bright will the day be, though dark was the morn;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd aeXefgXg bfbfhafa iiiihghg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011011010 1001011101 11011011110 0001101011 11010011010 1001101001 10011011010 1001011001 10110010110 1111101101 11010110100 1001101101 1101001010 1011101001 11110011011 1011011001 11010010110 1001001011 11011010110 1011001001 11010010010 1001101001 11010010010 1111011001 10111010110 1011101001 11010110110 1001101011 101101110010 1001111001 10110010110 0101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 350
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, little, you, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word little is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Winter Birds;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.