This is an analysis of the poem Arizona that begins with:
Arizona is peerless, her breezes are soft,
And mostly her sky is surprisingly fair,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefghgh babaiaXa hihijgjg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101001001011 11001001001 111101011001 01001001001 01001101001 010010101001 10111101001 111001101011 11011001001 1101001001 01011001001 101011001001 11001101001 01011101001 110010010001 01001001011 01010101101 11111011011 10010101001010 01101111001 11011001001 11111011011 10100101000 11011001001 01001001001 01001001001 01001001001 01101001001 01001011101 101101111101 101011011001 01101001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 361
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and, so, her, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Arizona;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.