This is an analysis of the poem The Oasis that begins with:
Deep in the desert's fiery heart-
From bloom and verdure far apart- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcccX ddaaeeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101001 01110101 01010101 11010101 11010001 01010111 010101001 01110101 10110101 11011111 11010101 110010111 110100010 0101010010 010100001 11010100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 281
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; some is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word some is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Oasis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.