This is an analysis of the poem October that begins with:
Full wealth of pleasing sights
October brings us- rare delights... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa bbb ccc dXd ddd bbb eee ddX fff ddd ggg aaa bbbXeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 01011101 0101111101 010101 11000101 1101110101 1111001 00110101 0011010001 010111 01010111 0101010101 111111 11000101 1111010101 110101 11110101 1111010101 110111 110100101 1111110011 010111 010011101 11111101100 101101 10010111 0101111011 011101 010100111 1101100101 110101 01110111 1001110101 110101 11010101 1101010101 010101 01010101 0101011111 110101 01010101 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, leaves, and, he are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of October;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.