This is an analysis of the poem Thanksgiving that begins with:
The golden glow of autumn-time
Hath faded like an ember,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXded fcccebgb Xchceiei caeafhch gbgbXhXh hhchfiXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 1101110 11010111 0110010 110111100 0111010 11010011 0101010 01110101 0101010 11110101 0101110 00111101 0111110 11010111 0101010 11010101 0101010 01010101 1101110 11011101 1111010 11010111 1001110 01011100 0101110 11010101 0111010 01010101 0101110 1101011 0101010 111100101 0111110 01000101 1101010 01110100 1001110 11111101 1101010 10010101 1101010 11110100 0101010 10011101 1111010 11011101 0101110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 263
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thanksgiving;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.