This is an analysis of the poem A Desert Rain that begins with:
The cool rain poured in sudden haste
Upon the thirsty sod,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cbcb adad ecec ffff XgXg fXfX bhbh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 010101 11011101 100101 111101010 010001 100111010 010101 11010111 0100101 01100101 110101 01010101 1101010 110011111 1001010 01100001 010101 11010001 111101 11010110 110101 10010001 110101 11110101 110101 011001001 111101 11011101 110101 01010001 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Desert Rain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.