This is an analysis of the poem Destiny that begins with:
A wise old mother is Nature-
She guideth her children's feet... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcdedefaf XaXaXbgbgfaf bbXbceaedfaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110010 1100101 010010011 1011101 01010010 1010111 11001010 1100101 01101010 1110001 01110010 10101101 11101010 00011010 11001010 10111010 10001110 0100101 101001010 0100101 101001010 10100101 101110010 10101001 11010110 0010011 01010010 0100101 01011010 1110101 11001110 1010101 10111010 1011100 101110010 10101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 392
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to, it, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word sea at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Destiny;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.