This is an analysis of the poem Pasiphae that begins with:
Tu gémis sur l'Ida, mourante, échevelée,
O reine! ô de Minos épouse désolée!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101010 1101011 10110111010 111011110 11111101 1011001011 11011110100 110101011 110100101001 011010100110 11111011001 1110110111110 1010101100 111101110100 11111010 100101111000 110101001100 111111101110 101110100110 1110011110 111111110 101100010110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 998
- Average number of words per stanza: 176
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pasiphae;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.