This is an analysis of the poem Vel An Her Bering Legger Hen that begins with:
Vel an Her Bering legger hen /
En liden stund til huile...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXXXXXXXXXXXbXXXXXXXcXcXXbXbXXcXdXXXXbXXXXdXXXXX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 52,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 110111 110111 110111 11010101 1110010 1111110 111110 0101011 110111 011111 0111110 0101111 001101 00110111 100111 1111100 1101100 11101110 111110 01111111 111 1101111 011101 1111111 110011 1101111 100111 1101111 111010 1111110 1111110 1011111 10111 111111 11111 11011101 11110 1111101 110111 1111011 101110 11011101 11011 11011100 110101 1111111 111111 10010101 110111 11001001 111111 11100100 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 805
- Average number of words per stanza: 151
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, vil, frisk, op, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, her, frisk are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vel An Her Bering Legger Hen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anders Christensen Bording
- Analysis of Et Lille Vers
- Analysis of Daphnis Gik For Nogle Dage
- Analysis of Af Studenters Rentekammer