This is an analysis of the poem Vacant Lot With Pokeweed that begins with:
Tufts, follicles, grubstake
biennial rosettes, a low-...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbc dXbec deXca XXXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010 01001101 11110 111010 010001 0110101 0100111 101010 1001001 110111 0111101 111101 10110010 100101001 0101000 1101010 111100 011100 010100 010010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vacant Lot With Pokeweed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.