This is an analysis of the poem Fog that begins with:
A vagueness comes over everything,
as though proving color and contour...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbcdeefghgaXXXbeehXbXceadfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010110101 111010111 010100011 0101011 111100 101001010 0100001 101010 100010 0010010 11 1010110110 1001010 10110100 111100 101010 111011 110010 10010 10110 0100 1011011 1010100 010110 011110 010010 10000110 010100 1010110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 771
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fog;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.