This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet 16 that begins with:
WHEN I remember with what buoyant heart,
Midst war's alarms and woes of civil strife, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcacdedecec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101001101 1101110101 0101001101 1100110111 0101010101 111110101 11110101001 1101110111 0101010101 1011010101 01001110111 10101101101 10001010101 111011110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 656
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet 16;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.