This is an analysis of the poem Wendell Phillips that begins with:
PEOPLE’S ATTORNEY, servant of the Right!
Pleader for all shades of the solar ray, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabbccccacaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001010001 1011100101 0101010111 1011011101 1101010101 1101000101 1011010100 11001010111 11010001101 11010100100 0101010101 0111110001 10001010101 01010011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 624
- Average number of words per stanza: 104
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; s is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wendell Phillips;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.