This is an analysis of the poem To A Summer Poet that begins with:
Yes, the Summer girl is flirting on the beach,
With a him.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdccdXXeefeefgghi jjjiXXchdeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010101 001 10100010101 101 10110010 101000010 101 10110010 10100010 101 10101010101 1010111010110 1110 1110 1010111 001 101 0010101 1010101 0011101 1010101 101 1100011 1010111 111 1110101 10100000 10101000 0010101000101 01 11111010101 1111010 10101000 11101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 462
- Average number of words per stanza: 89
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Summer Poet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.